A detailed market research report on the Guatemala beer industry. Researched and published by Canadean.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report comprises high level market research data on the Guatemala beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers the total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Guatemala Beer Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Beer market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors. All data has been researched, brand upwards, by an experienced 'on-the-ground' industry analyst who conducts face-to-face interviews with key producers, leading companies in allied industries, distributors and retailers.Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Guatemala Beer industry. Data includes volumes from 2007 to 2011, plus forecasts for 2012, enabling historical and current trend analysis.
- This report provides readers with in-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount, alcoholic strength, local segmentation, and beer type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and contains brewer profiles for ten major brewers.
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs non-refillable, and multi-serve vs single serve. Market valuation data and pricing data, including beer consumption by price segment/distribution channel and selected consumer beer prices, are also included.
- The on-premise channel shows no improvement in the split from 2010 because it not only depends on economic improvement but also on public security.
- Exports of beer into Mexico decreased considerably.
- A better economic scenario and new brands in the market are boosting the premium segment, while mainstream beers diminish.
- The beer market is very complex in Guatemala because the market size is small but consumers are extremely loyal to national brands.
- Off-premise consumption is still the main channel for beer sales of all price segments, while on-premise channels still struggle to recover.
- Prices increased in off-premise channels, but only slightly as larger packaging is gaining over smaller sizes. On-premise prices also increased.
- There is a new dark beer in the premium segment called Moza Gold and a special edition of a discount beer Cabro Reserva, both launched as special editions with no due date by Cerveceria Centroamericana.