A detailed market research report on the Honduras beer industry. Researched and published by Canadean.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report comprises high level market research data on the Honduras beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers the total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Honduras is in recovery from social, political and economic crisis. Not only from the global economic breakdown, but also from political crisis. It wasn't until the new democratically elected president Porfirio Lobo was sworn in that the economy began to see recovery and beer sales performance was looking increasingly positive. Similar performance is expected for 2012.What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Cerveceria Hondurea takes actions to grow their volume sales.What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Honduras Beer Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Beer market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors. All data has been researched, brand upwards, by an experienced 'on-the-ground' industry analyst who conducts face-to-face interviews with key producers, leading companies in allied industries, distributors and retailers.Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Honduras Beer industry. Data includes volumes from 2007 to 2011, plus forecasts for 2012, enabling historical and current trend analysis.
- This report provides readers with in-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount, alcoholic strength, local segmentation, and beer type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and contains brewer profiles for ten major brewers.
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs non-refillable, and multi-serve vs single serve. Market valuation data and pricing data, including beer consumption by price segment/distribution channel and selected consumer beer prices, are also included.
- Honduras is a poor country, but has youth on its side. In Honduras, 65% of the population is estimated to be below the poverty line. There are however, more than 3 million people in the 12-30 age range and consumption of beer stands at 14 liters per capita.
- The Honduran palate is accustomed to lager beers, although there are a lot of others types available on the market. There are many importers of alcoholic beverages, mainly from the United States of America.
- There are four leading brands in the Honduran market. Cerveceria Hondurea (SABMiller) produces or imports all of them.
- Bottlers and importers are working hard attempting to make produce more affordable for consumers.
- Imported beer brands are using much more aggressive marketing campaigns to increase volume sales.
- There are four leading brands in the Honduran market, and between these four major brands, they actualize 91% of the market.
- The rest of the market is covered by imported beers, of which Cerveceria Hondurea import brands include Miller, Miller Genuine Draft and Corona.
- Imported beer brands are using much more aggressive marketing campaigns to increase volume sales; therefore the sector has been very active in 2011.
- In regard to Honduran exports, the most important destination market, enjoying almost complete exclusivity, is the USA.
- In Honduras, the traditional channel of small stores is called pulperias and is considered the most important channel, as this channel has seen a greater increase than other channels.