Cigarettes in Nigeria, 2017
"Cigarettes in Nigeria, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
One of the key features of the Nigerian cigarette market concerns the fact that it is one of the few in the world where non-duty paid sales were traditionally higher than legitimate volumes. As a result of improved government efforts to stamp out illegal trade, sales were estimated to have reached 18.4 billion pieces in 2015, while non-duty paid sales have declined to 5.2 billion pieces in the same year. BAT remains the major player on the cigarette market, accounting for 75% of sales volumes.
- Filter cigarettes now dominate, accounting for over 99% of duty paid sales.
- King size/long lengths are now the largest sector with over 90% of sales.
- Based on the assumption of a generally positive economic picture alongside strong population growth and political stability, cigarettes consumption volumes are expected to increase by 43.9% between 2016 and 2026 in the legitimate market.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.