Country Profile: Ice Cream Sector in Portugal
Reviving economy, increasing consumer spending, and the introduction of healthier variants are driving the Portuguese Ice Cream sector. Of the three markets, Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream is the largest in both value and volume terms, and is forecast to register the fastest growth, in value terms, during 2016-2021. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets account for the leading share in the distribution of Ice Cream products in the country. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used package material in the sector, while Rigid Plastics is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021. Unilever, General Mills, Inc. and Mars, Incorporated are the leading market players in the Portuguese Ice Cream sector.
GlobalDatas Country Profile report on the Ice Cream sector in Portugal provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Artisanal Ice Cream, Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve, and Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; Pack data for: Carton, Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Wrapper, Bottle, and Tube.
- The Ice Cream sector in Portugal is forecast to grow at 4.3% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- The 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' market is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets account for the leading share in the distribution of Ice Cream products in Portugal
- Magnum lead the Portuguese Ice Cream sector in both value and volume terms
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used package material in the Portuguese Ice Cream sector
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Ice Cream products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.