Quarterly Beverage Tracker First Quarter 2017: Bosnia Herzegovina
GlobalDatas Bosnia Herzegovina Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- Bosnia Herzegovinan GDP recovered slower than in 2015. It recorded an increase of 3% in 2016
- Poor infrastructure, lack of a modern agricultural industry, and a high unemployment rate (particularly among youth), presented the main obstacles for GDP recovery and an increase of consumer confidence and spending
- Fiscal consolidation and high costs in the public sector were prioritized, in order to aid economic recovery
- The only relevant volume gains were recorded by carbonates. This was a result of aggressive price promotions from Pepsi-Cola and Cockta, TCCC'S additional focus on Fanta development, and the growth made by Sky
- Energy drinks and sports drinks were the fastest growing categories. Energy drinks grew due to the expansion of Hell, through in shop investments, and sports drinks grew thanks to Vindija's success. However, their volumes remained niche in the soft drinks market
- ACB categories stagnated
- There was additional competition from bulk/HOD water and hot teas. An extreme cold and flu season provided the positive trend for these categories. However, the most relevant ACB segments: such as beer, hot coffee, and white milk, recorded a very slight drop
- Private Label remained a niche market.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Bosnia Herzegovina beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Bosnia Herzegovina to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
Table of Contents
1 At A Glance 4
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
3 Highlights 5
4 Market Drivers 5
5 Market Trends 6
5.1 Soft Drinks 6
5.1.1 Packaged Water 6
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water 6
5.1.3 Carbonates 7
5.1.4 Enhanced Water 7
5.1.5 Flavored Water 8
5.1.6 Juice 8
5.1.7 Nectars 9
5.1.8 Still Drinks 9
5.1.9 Squash/Syrups 10
5.1.10 Fruit Powders 10
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks 11
5.1.12 Sports Drinks 11
5.1.13 Energy Drinks 11
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks 12
5.3 Dairy Drinks 13
5.4 Hot Beverages 13
6 Soft Drinks Quarterly Update 14
6.1.1 Industry News 14
6.1.2 Distribution News 14
6.2 New Products & Photo Shots 15
7 Focus On Premiumization In Soft Drinks 15
8 Data Tables 16
9 Pricing Tables 22
10 Appendix 25
What is this Report About? 25
About GlobalData 26
Contact Us 26
List of Tables
Table 1: Bosnia-Herzegovina at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast 4
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 16
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 17
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 18
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 19
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 20
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 21
Table 9: Selected Retail Price Movements, 2016-2017 22