Quarterly Beverage Tracker Second Quarter 2017: Greece
GlobalDatas Greece Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q2-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q2-2017 vs Q2-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q2-2017 vs Q2-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- Based on preliminary data, ELSTATs (Hellenic Statistical Authority) prediction for the Q1-17 GDP was +0.4%, an improved statistic compared to the previous prediction. However, KEPEs prediction for the Q2-17 GDP is +1.3%, due to the completion of the economys evaluation and the expected growth in tourism
- The deal between the government and the lenders includes more austerity measures, while the set targets are highly questionable
- Tourism remained the only positive in a plummeting economy, as data for 2017 seems promising. However, unstable weather conditions during the quarter affected consumption, but summer finally settled at the end of Q2- 17
- Soft drinks grew by over 2% compared with Q2-16, whilst sales of alcoholic drinks declined by 6% during Q2-17 and the year on year performance of dairy declined by under 3%
- The PL segments performed below the market in the dominant packaged water category and the iced/RTD tea drinks category. On the other hand, they outperformed the market in carbonates, juice, nectars, still drinks and energy drinks.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Greece beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Greece to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.