Quarterly Beverage Tracker First Quarter 2017: Croatia
GlobalDatas Croatia Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- The recovery of the economy, which started in 2016, finally begun to translate into higher beverage consumption at the start of 2017 but overall quarterly results remain negative
- The crisis in Agrokor, brand owner of the leading retail chain Konzum, in the second half of February halted the recovery of the market; as Agrokor is a key wholesaler in off- and on-trade, the whole economy has been impacted by this crisis. Many smaller companies ceased supplying to Agrokor, causing a lower performance in Q1-17
- The largest domestic player, Jamnica (part of Agrokor), also performed poorly
- Podravka (leading soft drinks brand) ceased trading and sold its business in Q4-16, to Radenska. The new owners have not yet started to operate with ex-Podravka brands
- Weather conditions were colder than average for the quarter, negatively impacting consumption of the larger categories.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Croatia beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Croatia to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.