Quarterly Beverage Tracker First Quarter 2017: Italy
GlobalDatas Italy Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- The Bank of Italy expects further growth of around 0.2% in Q1-17, thanks to an expansion of activity in the service sector
- Unemployment among young people is at its lowest level since August 2012
- Consumer confidence, however, remains low despite an improvement in industrial and retail confidence
- Sales of soft drinks grew by nearly 2%, principally driven by the positive development of packaged water, thanks to strong gains in the still segment
- Sales of alcoholic drinks declined by just under 1% during the quarter, mainly due to falling sales of wine, which suffered from reduced consumer demand in modern retail for medium-low priced table wine
- Volume sales of dairy drinks in Italy suffered further year on year decline of over 3% vs Q1-16, principally driven by white milk, which continued to be penalized by disaffection towards milk and breakfast becoming less popular.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Italy beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Italy to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.