Quarterly Beverage Tracker Second Quarter 2017: Italy
GlobalDatas Italy Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q2-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q2-2017 vs Q2-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q2-2017 vs Q2-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- In Q1-17, GDP grew by 0.4% compared to Q4-16, this was mainly driven by an increase in domestic consumption. Q2-17 has a similar GDP forecast
- The purchasing power of families rose by 0.8% in real terms, compared to Q1-17, and the propensity to save also increased by 0.3 percentage points to 8.5%
- In contrast, consumer confidence registered further decline during the quarter, reaching its lowest level since December 2014
- Compared to Q2-16, sales of soft drinks grew by over 8% in Q2-17. This was driven by the positive development of packaged water, its demand was boosted by favorable climatic conditions
- Sales of alcoholic drinks grew by 2%, largely due to the positive performance of beer. As a highly seasonal category, beer benefited in particular from the record temperatures during June
- Sales of dairy drinks decreased by close to 2% in Q2-17, mainly owing to seasonal trends and the decrease in consumption of white milk.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Italy beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Italy to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
Table of Contents
1 At A Glance 4
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
3 Highlights 5
4 Market Drivers 5
5 Market Trends 7
5.1 Soft Drinks 7
5.1.1 Packaged Water 7
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water 8
5.1.3 Carbonates 8
5.1.4 Enhanced Water 9
5.1.5 Flavored Water 9
5.1.6 Juice 10
5.1.7 Nectars 10
5.1.8 Still Drinks 11
5.1.9 Squash/Syrups 11
5.1.10 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks 12
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks 12
5.1.12 Sports Drinks 13
5.1.13 Energy Drinks 13
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks 14
5.3 Dairy Drinks 15
5.4 Hot Beverages 16
6 Soft Drinks Quarterly Update 16
6.1.1 Industry News 16
6.1.2 Distribution News 17
6.1.3 Packaging/Legislation News 18
6.2 New Products & Photo Shots 18
7 Focus On Private Label Soft Drinks 23
8 Data Tables 24
9 Appendix 30
What is this Report About? 30
About GlobalData 31
Contact Us 31
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast 4
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
Table 3: Private Label Soft Drinks, 2015-2017F 23
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 24
Table 5: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 25
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 26
Table 7: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 27
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 28
Table 9: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 29