Quarterly Beverage Tracker First Quarter 2017: Serbia
GlobalDatas Serbia Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- Soft drinks consumption increased by less than 1% translating to a growth of almost 1 m liters in Q1-17. Soft drinks gained market share thanks to suffering ACB categories
- The fast growth of soft drinks was driven by flavored water and energy drinks. Consumption of carbonates saw an additional 1 m liters and packaged water recorded a growth of 3 m liters
- Poor performance of juice, nectars, iced/RTD tea drinks, and iced/RTD coffee drinks categories were driven by poor demand in hypermarkets and poor margins, which reduced investor interest. Turbulence of sugar prices drove squash/syrups decline, which was the largest among soft drinks
- The 1% decline of ACB categories was driven by the poor performance of beer, wine, and spirits due to health consciousness and an anti-alcohol campaign. Dairy drinks recorded a mostly flat performance with small declines in the consumption of flavored milk and white milk. Hot tea continued to take market share from hot coffee due to its healthier image.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Serbia beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Serbia to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
Table of Contents
1 At A Glance 4
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
3 Highlights 5
4 Market Drivers 5
5 Market Trends 6
5.1 Soft Drinks 6
5.1.1 Packaged Water 6
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water 6
5.1.3 Carbonates 7
5.1.4 Flavored Water 7
5.1.5 Juice 8
5.1.6 Nectars 8
5.1.7 Still Drinks 8
5.1.8 Squash/Syrups 9
5.1.9 Fruit Powders 9
5.1.10 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks 9
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks 10
5.1.12 Sports Drinks 10
5.1.13 Energy Drinks 10
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks 11
5.3 Dairy Drinks 12
5.4 Hot Beverages 12
6 Soft Drinks Quarterly Update 13
6.1.1 Industry News 13
6.1.2 Distribution News 13
6.2 New Products & Photo Shots 14
7 Focus On Premiumization In Soft Drinks 15
8 Data Tables 16
9 Pricing Tables 22
10 Appendix 25
What is this Report About? 25
About GlobalData 26
Contact Us 26
List of Tables
Table 1: Serbia at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast 4
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 16
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 17
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 18
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 19
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 20
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 21
Table 9: Selected Retail Price Movements, 2016-2017 22