Quarterly Beverage Tracker Second Quarter 2017: Russia
GlobalDatas Russia Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q2-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q2-2017 vs Q2-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q2-2017 vs Q2-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- The Russian economy is coming out of the recession and entering the recovery phase
- In Q2-17 GDP growth continued, and according to estimations from the Ministry of Economy, accelerated up to 1.6% for the first half of 2017 versus 0.5% in Q1-17. Favorable economic conditions, macroeconomic stability, the revival of consumer spending and investment demand have boosted the production of goods and services
- The real disposable income of Russian consumers continued to decline, however, the declining rate slowed significantly (-1.4% by the end of the first half of the year). This helped to curb the decline in retail trade turnover
- The weather was abnormally cold and rainy on the greater part of Russian territory in Q2-17 which negatively contributed to soft drinks consumption overall
- The main soft drinks categories were affected by cold and rainy weather, thus, carbonates registered a negative performance of -3%, while packaged water declined by almost 2%. Iced/RTD tea drinks registered a drop in consumption by 11%, influenced by consumer migration to cheaper soft drinks categories and the cold and rainy weather
- Energy drinks managed to demonstrate a positive performance, increasing in volume by 17% thanks to its growing popularity amongst Russian consumers and its regional expansion
- Juice, nectars and still drinks registered much worse performances than previously estimated, driven by an incident in PepsiCo's warehouse which hampered production.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Russia beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Russia to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
Table of Contents
1 At A Glance 4
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
3 Highlights 5
4 Market Drivers 5
5 Market Trends 6
5.1 Soft Drinks 6
5.1.1 Packaged Water 6
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water 7
5.1.3 Carbonates 7
5.1.4 Enhanced Water 8
5.1.5 Flavored Water 8
5.1.6 Juice 8
5.1.7 Nectars 9
5.1.8 Still Drinks 9
5.1.9 Squash/Syrups 9
5.1.10 Fruit Powders 10
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks 10
5.1.12 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks 10
5.1.13 Sports Drinks 11
5.1.14 Energy Drinks 11
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks 12
5.3 Dairy Drinks 13
5.4 Hot Beverages 13
6 Soft Drinks Quarterly Update 14
6.1.1 Industry News 14
6.2 New Products & Photo Shots 14
7 Focus On Private Label Soft Drinks 16
8 Data Tables 17
9 Pricing Tables 23
10 Appendix 26
What is this Report About? 26
About GlobalData 27
Contact Us 27
List of Tables
Table 1: Russia at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast 4
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
Table 3: Private Label Soft Drinks, 2015-2017F 16
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 17
Table 5: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 18
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 19
Table 7: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 20
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 21
Table 9: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 22
Table 10:Selected Retail Price Movements 2016-2017 23