A detailed market research report on the Hong Kong beer industry. Researched and published by Canadean.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Hong Kong beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Hong Kong is a small but mature beer market where beer consumption is closely related to overall GDP and consumer expenditure. Higher inflation led to increased costs which pushed up the retail prices of most beers in both on- and off- premise channels.What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The hot summer period played a part in increased beer sales.What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Hong Kong Beer Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Beer market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors. All data has been researched, brand upwards, by an experienced 'on-the-ground' industry analyst who conducts face-to-face interviews with key producers, leading companies in allied industries, distributors and retailers.Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Hong Kong Beer industry. Data includes volumes from 2007 to 2011 plus forecasts for 2012, enabling historical and current trend analysis.
- This report provides readers with in-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount, alcoholic strength, local segmentation, beer type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and contains brewer profiles of major brewers
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non-refillable, multi-serve vs. single serve. Market valuation data and pricing data, including beer consumption by price segment/distribution channel and selected consumer beer prices are also included.
- Hong Kong is a mature beer market which is not expected to fluctuate too much in the long term
- With a population of around seven million people, Hong Kong it is considered to be asmall market in terms of volume
- Due to the small market size, a handful of companies drive the industry and most brewers handle multiple brands in their own portfolios, in addition to distributing brands from other brewers
- Consumers are generally very loyal to the brands they consume
- Imports increased in 2011, driven by strong demand for the leading and niche brands
- Hong Kong remains, predominantly, a lager beer market, as consumers have a strong preference for cold and clear beer
- On-premise consumption remains the key driver and provides attractive margins for brand owners, whilst off-premise trading conditions remains competitive with frequent price promotions for leading brands