A detailed market research report on the Italy beer industry. Researched and published by Canadean.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Italy beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing. What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Italy has been hit hard by the economic crisis as a consequence of its large public debt.What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Super premium and specialty brands are driving growth in both off- and on-premise, despite the economic situation. The growing appeal of made in Italy continues to drive exports.What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Italy Beer Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Beer market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors. All data has been researched, brand upwards, by an experienced 'on-the-ground' industry analyst who conducts face-to-face interviews with key producers, leading companies in allied industries, distributors and retailers.Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Italy Beer industry. Data includes volumes from 2007 to 2011 plus forecasts for 2012, enabling historical and current trend analysis.
- This report provides readers with in-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount, alcoholic strength, local segmentation, beer type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and contains brewer profiles of major brewers
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non-refillable, multi-serve vs. single serve. Market valuation data and pricing data, including beer consumption by price segment/distribution channel and selected consumer beer prices are also included.
- Temperatures were well below average (especially in July) which led to a decline in consumption of commercial beverages.
- Spending in the On-Premise channel suffered a setback owing to the growing political and economic uncertainty
- Growth in nectars and energy drinks were able to off-set losses in other categories.
- FABs continue to decline as a result of falling on-premise consumption
- Drinking yogurt declined owing to its premium price positioning
- Weather improved in August which helped with consumption of beverages, which helped offset the bad weather in July.
- Flavored milk grew marginally thanks to their competitive price positioning.
- Draught Beer has a faily modest share of total beer consumption.
- Soymilk grew with the expansion of the consumer base, as a result of successful Marketing.
- Beer culture is developing among Italian consumers.