A detailed market research report on the Philippines beer industry. Researched and published by Canadean.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Philippines beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing. What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Despite several naturals disasters, reduced exports to Japan after the tsunami and the economy not performing as anticipated, the Filipinos remained resilient. What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The beer market showed small growth, compared with 2010 affected by the change in lifestyle, the growing number of young consumers and the introduction of new flavor beersWhat makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Philippines Beer Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Beer market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors. All data has been researched, brand upwards, by an experienced 'on-the-ground' industry analyst who conducts face-to-face interviews with key producers, leading companies in allied industries, distributors and retailers.Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Philippines Beer industry. Data includes volumes from 2007 to 2011 plus forecasts for 2012, enabling historical and current trend analysis.
- This report provides readers with in-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount, alcoholic strength, local segmentation, beer type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and contains brewer profiles of major brewers
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non-refillable, multi-serve vs. single serve. Market valuation data and pricing data, including beer consumption by price segment/distribution channel and selected consumer beer prices are also included.
- The consumption of beer and other alcoholic drinks was affected by changing lifestyles, and the growing segment of young consumers who are becoming accustomed to drinking beer with meals, instead of carbonated or other non-alcoholic beverages
- The Philippines beer market is dominated by just two local brewers
- Imported beer gained share of market, lead by young professionals, tourism and foreign students
- The move to introduce new flavored beer into the market was more of reaction to the fact that the young generation prefers to drink flavored alcoholic beverages
- Despite the lack of promotional activity on discount beer, it is expected to continue to rise as the rural population increases
- Foreign brands are growing but have failed to become mainstream
- Within the super premium segment, an advance was seen as consumers swayed further towards consumption of imported beer, brought about by affluence and curiosity
- Discount beer sales continued to be robust, as its affordable price attracts those consumers who are trying to be frugal with their expenses