A detailed market research report on the Poland beer industry. Researched and published by Canadean.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Poland beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing. What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Poland is a mature beer market where the top five brands account for nearly half the total beer consumption. In such a situation, consumers see the leading brands as very similar, all of high quality. As such, they have started to look for beers with an added value beyond simply high quality products.What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
This has led to the growing popularity of niche/regional products, reflected in the growth of specialty beersWhat makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Poland Beer Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Beer market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors. All data has been researched, brand upwards, by an experienced 'on-the-ground' industry analyst who conducts face-to-face interviews with key producers, leading companies in allied industries, distributors and retailers.Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Poland Beer industry. Data includes volumes from 2007 to 2011 plus forecasts for 2012, enabling historical and current trend analysis.
- This report provides readers with in-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount, alcoholic strength, local segmentation, beer type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and contains brewer profiles of major brewers
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non-refillable, multi-serve vs. single serve. Market valuation data and pricing data, including beer consumption by price segment/distribution channel and selected consumer beer prices are also included.
- The Polish beer market is highly consolidated; three leading companies hold over 80% share of total beer consumption in Poland
- The growing number of discount stores and the sale of beer therein helped drive Poland's beer market to growth in 2011 following two years of decline
- Specialty beers like non-pasteurized beer, wheat beer, top fermented beer as well as flavored beer also helped drive growth. Previously produced in the main by small local breweries, the biggest players have now launched their own non-pasteurized beer brands
- Although price is still the key factor for the majority of consumers, the consumption of premium and superpremium brands in 2011 recorded the highest growth. This was partly due to the growing sales of non-pasteurized beer, which is priced quite highly and therefore placed in the premium segment.
- Can packaging further strengthened its position in 2011, aided by the growing role of discount stores where most beer sold is packed in either cans or glass bottles
- Growth returned to Polish beer market after two year decline
- Market highly consolidated with leading three brewers dominating market share
- Sales in discount channels one of the key factors behind growth in 2011
- Non-pasteurized beer recorded exceptional growth, whilst other specialty beers also developed well
- Can packaging further strengthened its position and increased market share at the expense of glass bottles and kegs