A detailed market research report on the Taiwan beer industry. Researched and published by Canadean.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Taiwan beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Taiwan's domestic economy remains sluggish. With the continuing inflation consumers are being ever more cautious with spending What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
However, the decline of Tsingtao beer was the main factor that brought down overall beer consumption in 2011
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Taiwan Beer Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Beer market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors. All data has been researched, brand upwards, by an experienced 'on-the-ground' industry analyst who conducts face-to-face interviews with key producers, leading companies in allied industries, distributors and retailers.Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Taiwan Beer industry. Data includes volumes from 2007 to 2011 plus forecasts for 2012, enabling historical and current trend analysis.
- This report provides readers with in-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount, alcoholic strength, local segmentation, beer type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and contains brewer profiles of major brewers
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non-refillable, multi-serve vs. single serve. Market valuation data and pricing data, including beer consumption by price segment/distribution channel and selected consumer beer prices are also included.
- The modern retail channel grew, in numbers as well as revenue, forcing the beer market to invest in distribution rather than advertising
- The on-premise channel is vulnerable to the economic climate and the impact this has had on prices determined consumption choice
- Beer buying decisions may move from being influenced by taste preference to price sensitivity in times of uncertainty caused by the general economic mood
- The on-premise channel used to carry only local brands, but imported brands have gained distribution share as consumers begin to change life style and watch their spend.
- Distribution trends were the most important factor to affect the beer market in 2011
- Beer in Taiwan continued to be regarded as a beverage for social gatherings and celebrations. Changes to the social, demographic and economic environment greatly affects consumption in the local beer market.
- The decline in consumption of Tsingtao beer was the main factor that brought down overall beer consumption in 2011
- A return to on-premise consumption is expected for 2012, as consumer confidence grows with the economic recovery. Tsingtao will recover distribution as a result.