A detailed market research report on the Thailand beer industry. Researched and published by Canadean.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Thailand beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing. What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
With the economic situation showing signs of improvement in the first half of 2011 and Thai consumers experiencing increased purchasing power, many were attracted by the cheap price of beer.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
However, in the latter half of 2011, both price increases by major brewers and massive floods had a negative impact on the consumption of beer nationwideWhat makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Thailand Beer Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Beer market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors. All data has been researched, brand upwards, by an experienced 'on-the-ground' industry analyst who conducts face-to-face interviews with key producers, leading companies in allied industries, distributors and retailers.Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Thailand Beer industry. Data includes volumes from 2007 to 2011 plus forecasts for 2012, enabling historical and current trend analysis.
- This report provides readers with in-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount, alcoholic strength, local segmentation, beer type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and contains brewer profiles of major brewers
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non-refillable, multi-serve vs. single serve. Market valuation data and pricing data, including beer consumption by price segment/distribution channel and selected consumer beer prices are also included.
- Thailand's economy expanded during the first quarter of 2011, with the Consumer Confidence Index reaching its highest point in four years at the end of the second quarter. However, the economic recession of the G3 countries and major flooding in parts of Thailand saw the industrial sector shrink and the Consumer Confidence Index drop to an unusual low in the final quarter of 2011
- Beer sales showed positive performance during the first half of 2011 due to increased consumption during the general election period
- The sales volume of beer experienced significant decline during the second half of 2011 due to massive floods in the northern and central regions, Bangkok and provinces in the vicinity. The flood resulted in lower production and shortages because many distribution and retail centres were closed or blocked.
- Analyst to complete - as above
- Analyst to complete - as above
- Low-priced beer continued to gain more volume consumption in the first half of the year as well as continuing to influence the overall beer market.
- Beer consumption showed positive performance in the first half of the year but declined in the second half of the year due to price increases and flood
- Beer is expected to enjoy a positive performance in 2012 due to the economic recovery and calm political situation
- Local brands continued to dominate the market in mainstream and premium beer segments
- The market for imported beer showed a significant increase in 2011 due to a 0% tax and duty on imported beer from ASEAN nations, China and Australia