The report provides in depth market analysis, information and insights into the Vietnamese personal accident and health insurance market, including:
- The Vietnamese personal accident and health insurance markets growth prospects by personal accident and health insurance categories
- The various distribution channels in the Vietnamese personal accident and health insurance market
- The competitive landscape in the personal accident and health insurance market
- A description of the personal accident and health reinsurance market in Vietnam
Dominated by Dong Bao Viet with a market share of 43.3% in 2010, and backed by rising medical expenditure and levels of disposable income, the segments growth is expected to be sustained by the poor state of Vietnams healthcare system, which is leading people to opt for private facilities and invest in insurance products. In 2011, 55.7% of the overall personal accident and health insurance written premium was generated by the agencies channel. This channel benefits insurance companies as it allows geographical expansion without the associated costs of opening branches in new locations. Mandatory health insurance was the key growth driver for the segment during the review period and the government is working on a universal healthcare system which will cover all Vietnamese people. This new system will ensure that even citizens with private healthcare plans will be covered and will drive the segment over the forecast period.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance market in Vietnam:
- It provides historical values for Vietnams personal accident and health insurance market for the reports 20072011 review period and forecast figures for the 20122016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in Vietnams personal accident and health insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance products in Vietnam
- Using Porters industry-standard Five Forces analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Vietnam for the personal accident and health insurance business
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance market in Vietnam and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in Vietnam and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Vietnamese personal accident and health insurance market and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Vietnamese personal accident and health insurance market
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance market, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Vietnamese insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future
- In 2011, 55.7% of the overall personal accident and health insurance written premium was generated by the agencies channel.
- The direct marketing channel accounted for a market share of 21.8% in 2011. This channel is attractive to insurance companies as it negates the effects of having to pay large amounts of commission to a myriad of channels, such as agents and brokers.
- Vietnam is one of the fastest-growing emerging economies in Southeast Asia, and over the forecast period its economy is expected to grow at a faster rate than both India and China.
- Healthcare expenditure in Vietnam increased at a CAGR of 21.7% during the review period, with changing lifestyle demographics increasing consumer expenditure on healthcare.