The Dermatological diagnostics and therapeutics market is expected to grow steadily during the forecast period driven by increase in psoriasis market that is expected to boost competition among the existing products with more emerging therapies. Acne is the largest market segment of the dermatological diagnostics market accounting for 28.7% of the total therapeutics market followed by psoriasis (26.4%), rosacea (14.9%), and atopic dermatitis (9%).
Many new players are emerging in this market as a result of a number of growth opportunities provided by this market, thus creating tough competition. Forthcoming patent expiries of major drugs is increasing the competition, further driving this market.
The overall dermatological diagnostics and therapeutics industry is forecast to witness tremendous growth rate and reach $38 million by the year 2013 with annual growth rate of 8.7%. Rising pressure is also forcing the companies to engage into licensing agreements and help them to expand their product portfolio and improve competitive positions in industry.
Market Segmentation for Diagnostic Procedures
- Patch Testing
- Skin Biopsy
Market Segmentation for Therapeutic Procedures
- Anti Psoriasis
- Topical and other Dermatological Drugs
The research report on the dermatological diagnostics and therapeutics market, analyzes this market depending on its segments and major geographies. This research report is a comprehensive analysis of current industry trends, growth drivers, restraints, industry capacity, market structure, and market projections for upcoming years. The report also includes analysis of technological developments in the market, Porter’s five force model analysis, and complete company profiles of top industry players. It provides review of micro and macro factors significant with respect to new entrants and existing market players with value chain analysis.
Major geographies analyzed under this research report are
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Major players dominating this market are AGI Dermatics, Allergan Inc, Amgen Inc, Chester Valley Pharmaceuticals Inc, Dermik Laboratories Inc, Eisai Inc., Ferndale Laboratories Inc., Genentech Inc., Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp, Onset Therapeutics, Prime Pharmaceuticals Corp, Schering-Plough Corp, Sinclair Pharmaceuticals, Skinmedica Inc., Summers Laboratories Inc, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This research report provides forward looking perspective on major market forces responsible for driving and restraining market growth
- It provides pin-point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead in competition
- The report provides clear understanding of key product segments and competitive environment
- It provides comprehensive analysis of major competitors and their strategies
- The report provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- It provides up-to-date analysis of current market trends and keeps you updated with technological changes in industry
- It provides technological growth map over time and explains its impact on industry