Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles on trade mark owners and local operators. Brand volumes and market share are given by price segment, alcoholic strength and type (e.g. apple, pear). Consumption volumes are provided by pack mix (type, material, refill ability, pack size) and distribution channel (on- and off-premise). Other information includes market valuation/pricing data. All supported by market commentary.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The 2012 Austria Cider Market Insights report is a high level market research report on the Austrian cider industry. Published by Canadean, this report provides an excellent way of gaining an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the market. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on cider market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Local cider is not particularly trendy, despite some attempts to revitalize its image. It is the imported brands that are most likely to be seen in the urban environment and numerous foreign brands are now available.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
International brands drove the modest market growth last year.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Austria Cider Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the cider market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors.
Key Features and Benefits
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Austria cider market.
- This report provides readers with in-depth data on market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount; alcoholic strength; type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and selected company profiles
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non- refillable. Market valuation data and selected pricing data are also included.
Key Market Issues
- The main consumer group for imported cider are those individuals already familiar with the product/brands. These are usually tourists and/or visitors to Irish pubs or other international bars.
- No major advertising campaigns were initiated in 2011; the market is far too small and fragmented to justify the outlay.
- Some Austrian fruit growers make cider themselves, others pay for their juice to be processed but the drink is not produced on a large scale
- Local cider is not particularly trendy, despite some attempts to revitalize its image. Most domestic cider is sold at the farm gate.
- New flavored beer mixes (radlers) could reduce cider demand
- International brands drove the category's modest growth in 2011.
- Most cider is apple cider but pear variants are also available whilst flavored ciders are niche within this small category.
- The leading imported brand is Magners.
- Local brands have yet to become trendy and compete with international brands.
- Numerous imported brands are available.