Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles on trade mark owners and local operators. Brand volumes and market share are given by price segment, alcoholic strength and type (e.g. apple, pear, flavored). Consumption volumes are provided by pack mix (type, material, refill ability, pack size) and distribution channel (on- and off-premise). Other information includes market valuation/pricing data and new products are identified. All supported by market commentary.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The 2012 Lithuania Cider Market Insights report is a high level market research report on the Lithuanian cider industry. Published by Canadean, this report provides an excellent way of gaining an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the market. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on cider market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Consumption is driven by strong cider in large pack sizes. Cider is considered to be something between beer and strong alcoholic drinks as it is more expensive than beer and less expensive than spirits. Pear is the most popular cider and over 80% of the market is controlled by three players.What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Consumption was positively impacted by increasing consumer purchasing power as the economic situation improved in Lithuania. Besides the price, different flavors attract consumer interest, thus companies introduce new flavors every year in order to maintain sales.What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Lithuania Cider Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the cider market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors.Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Lithuania cider market.
- This report provides readers with in-depth data on market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount; alcoholic strength; type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and selected company profiles.
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non refillable. Market valuation data and selected pricing data are also included.
- Consumption was positively impacted by increasing consumer purchasing power as the economic situation improved in Lithuania
- Consumers are choosing the drink by price, thus 150cl PET bottles are at the forefront, being able to offer a low per liter price.
- Different flavors attract consumer interest, thus companies introduce new flavors every year in order to maintain sales. In addition to traditional pear, strawberry and apple cider there is a wide range of other options such as wild berry, blueberry and mandarin etc.
- One of the largest players in the Lithuanian soft drinks market, Selita, entered the cider market in 2011 with Cider Party products. The newcomer was highly successful and managed to gain over 3% of total market volume.
- 150cl PET bottles were the most popular among consumers as they offer a lower price per liter. Whilst cans are gaining volume thanks to their eye catching designs and the convenience that the pack type offers.
- Cider market gained yet another 10%. Following 9% growth in 2010.
- Strong cider grew ahead of the market.
- Consumption was positively impacted by increasing consumer purchasing power as the economic situation improved in Lithuania.
- New comer to the category Selita gained 3% category share in its first year with its Cider Party brand.
- Over 80% of the market continues to be held by the three leading players.