Top Growth Opportunities: Hot Drinks in China
"Top Growth Opportunities: Hot Drinks in China", provides an overview of the Hot Drinks market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. GlobalDatas propriety Risk vs Reward Opportunity model pinpoints the best growth opportunities for Hot Drinks producers, suppliers and retailers by combining robust, granular data and expert insight. The report uses this framework to identify the best opportunities, analyze white spaces in the market, and outline new product development that will effectively target the most pertinent consumer need states. These are combined to offer strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
This report provides recommended actions and detailed analysis of how to target the best growth opportunities for Hot Drinks producers and retailers. Readers can understand what categories, channels, companies, and consumers will drive the success of Hot Drinks markets in China through GlobalDatas detailed and robust data, expert insight, and case studies.
GlobalDatas Top Growth Opportunity reports use a risk versus reward opportunity model to identify the best growth markets for Hot Drinks producers. Through this in-depth study of market and category dynamics, readers are able to identify key opportunities, and what they need to do in order to target them.
Get access to -
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within Chinese market. Improve your consumer targeting by understand whos driving the market, what they want, and why
- A study of market value and volumes over 2011-2016 for China, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2016-2021 period
- White space analysis, to pinpoint attractive spaces in the market and the key actions to take
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future
- Examples of international and Chinese-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs
- China is one of the largest hot drinks markets globally, with a value of US$22,889 million and strong growth forecast over the 2016-2021 period, of 13.9% CAGR. Its high reward score is tempered somewhat by a relatively weak risk score, which stems from Chinas status as a developing economy, particularly in regards to its technology infrastructure and political institutions that deal with corruption.
- Among the top 10 hot drinks markets, China ranks 10th in terms of per capita expenditure in US dollar terms. However, it is expected to grow strongly by 13.4% CAGR during 2016-2021. This growth is primarily attributed to the large population base with a strong inclination towards hot drinks products coupled with increasing disposable incomes, which motivates them to seek premium products in the market.
- The off-trade hot drinks sector has accounted for a higher value in US dollar terms than the on-trade, an effect mirroring general moves among Chinese consumers towards more consumption occurring within the home. However, the on-trade hot drinks sector recorded higher growth in US dollar terms than off-trade during 2011-2016.
Reasons to buy
- This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Chinese Hot Drinks consumers.
- This is based on GlobalData's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Hot Drinks sector.
- Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.