Cigarettes in Algeria, 2017
"Cigarettes in Algeria, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Algerian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Algeria, a country of over 40 million people, is a substantial market for cigarettes. Contraband is a growing problem for the authorities, boosted since 2010 by tax-induced price rises. The majority of cigarettes are soft packed, although SNTA has recently begun to offer some of its popular brands in hard packs, a move designed to counter competition from international brands as well as local rival, STAEM. The demand for blond filter cigarettes has been growing at the expense of traditional dark cigarettes, but has been constrained by supply problems.
- King-size lengths are the most popular, now holding in excess of 80% of sales.
- The demand for blond filter cigarettes has been growing at the expense of traditional dark cigarettes, but has been constrained by supply problems.
- SNTA is a state monopoly and is the leading producer of cigarettes.
- The company has had production problems over the years which, along with increased competition, reduced the share for its own brands.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.