Cigars in Germany, 2017
"Cigars in Germany, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the German cigar market. The report analyzes the market size and structure, on both an overall and and per capita basis, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
Overall, cigars and cigarillos currently form the third largest sector of the German tobacco products market with Germany being the largest cigar market in Western Europe and the second largest in the world, after the US. Demand for cigars in 2016 stood at over 3 billion pieces in 2016, 3% higher than 2015, and 19.2% above the volume in 2000. This demand has been driven by the due to the rise in popularity of eco-cigarillos, short for economy cigarillos, which had become increasingly popular as low-cost alternatives to cigarettes, as taxes and prices have risen. These first appeared in 1996 and by 2016 they accounted for 2 billion pieces. The future of the German market will be strongly influenced by both the German Governments fiscal changes and EU tobacco tax policy.
- Cigar and cigarillo production reach 2.7 billion pieces in 2016.
- Cigar consumption in Germany reach just over 3 billion pieces in 2016 more than twice the since than in 1990.
- E-cigar consumption stood at just over 2 billion pieces in 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.