Cigarettes in Taiwan, 2017
"Cigarettes in Taiwan, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Taiwan market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Taiwan has a sizeable cigarette market in both absolute and per capita terms. The non-duty paid sector has recently been a concern for authorities. Taiwan's entry into the WTO in 2002 opened up the domestic market to foreign competition. The former state monopoly, Taiwan Tobacco and Wine Monopoly Ltd (TTWM), now known as the Taiwan Tobacco and Liquor Corporation (TTLC), faced stiff competition from imports.
- The market is dominated by multinational JTI, which leads from local company TTLC.
- Taiwan only produces flue cured tobacco and production has traditionally been geared to meeting the demands of the local market.
- The regulatory and fiscal push against smokers is expected to continue and have a detrimental impact on the cigarette market over the coming decade.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.