Better quality of chocolate, added ingredients (such as fruit and nuts) and ethical sourcing are all potential means for brands to justify higher prices while greater transparency around the reasons for increases in price would also be likely to be warmly received by users.
Some questions answered in this report include:
- How can the market improve its value for money credentials?
- Does the concept of healthier chocolate hold widespread appeal?
- How can the market reduce its dependence on the big three operators?
- How can the market keep the sharing bags occasion fresh?
- Can operators leverage the sourcing of cocoa more effectively?