Cigarettes in Israel, 2017
"Cigarettes in Israel, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Israeli market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Israel has historically been a relatively buoyant market for cigarettes on account of its reasonably high standard of living and its expanding population. However, government measures to reduce the incidence of smoking through restrictions and tax hikes are having a major impact on consumption levels. The incidence of smoking recorded an increase in 2016 when it was estimated at 23.5%. This rise comes after a period when smoking rates had been in decline.
- The Israeli Government is pursuing a plan to reduce consumption levels through a combination of advice, smoking restrictions, and rising prices.
- As with many markets in the Middle East, there is a noticeable shift towards American blends.
- Dubek, Israel's largest cigarette manufacturer relinquished the mainstream market leadership to PMI in 2003.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.