Bolstered by changing consumer preferences, evolving media delivery platforms, new business models, increased competition - owing to a proliferation of global players, and favorable regulations, the Indian Media & Entertainment (M&E) market has matured immensely over the last decade.
The current trend of increase in media penetration and consumption in Tier II and Tier III cities are creating even more opportunities for the industry. In tune with the rising media access and the abundant availability of digital devices, the industry is shifting its marketing and delivery platforms to cater to focused segments.
India’s M&E industry is expected to reach INR 1,433 billion by 2016 with a CAGR of 11 percent in the next five years. In 2011, the digital advertising and animation & VFX sectors, though smaller contributors, have shown remarkable growth rates of 54 percent and 31 percent, respectively. This digitization process may take longer than anticipated, but once in place, it will change the face of Indian media. All the stake-holders along its value chain will derive benefit from it.
Our report critically examines the segments such as television, print, films, radio, music, animation, gaming and VFX. It gives a clear picture of the growth drivers, observed trends and the opportunities that arise from the exciting dynamics of the industry.
The report also assesses the current and future prospects, key mergers & acquisitions, technological impacts on the industry. It scrutinizes segment-wise issues, segment-wise regulatory policies, investment in the industry and its outlook. It also profiles major players from each segment of the industry.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
- Overview of the Indian M&E Market
- Segment-wise Analysis of the Industry
- Outlook of the Industry
KEY FEATURES DISCUSSED
- Current Global M&E Market and Outlook
- Indian M&E Market - its Current and Future Status
- Detailed Analysis of Each Segment of the Industry
- Key Trends and Growth Drivers
- Impact of Technology on the Industry
- Major Investments
- Key M&A in the Industry
- Opportunities in Each Segment
- Segment-wise Regulatory Framework
- Segment-wise Tax Structure
- Segment-wise Issues & Challenges
- Profile of Major Players
BENEFICIARIES OF THE REPORT
- Companies in Television, Print, Films, Radio, Music production and Allied Sectors
- Television Manufacturing and Digital Set Top Box Manufacturing Companies
- Multiple System Operators (MSOs), Cable Operators and Television Broadcasters
- Newspapers and Media Houses
- Animation, Gaming and Visual Effects production Houses
- Business Research, KPOs & Consulting companies
- Media Equipment Manufacturers/Suppliers
- Government and Policy Makers
- Commercial and Investment Banks