- The report is based on primary surveys conducted by Timetric accessing its B2B panels comprised of senior business decision makers from the Asia-Pacific construction industry. The opinions and forward looking statements on sustainability management of 81 industry executives are captured in our in-depth survey.
- The geographical scope of the research is Asia-Pacific drawing on the activity and expectations of leading industry players across the region.
- The report analyzes the expenditure of construction industry buyers on sustainability, sustainable procurement practices and critical factors that influence supplier selection.
- Key topics covered include category-level spending outlooks, market-specific growth opportunities, investment opportunities and principal challenges associated with the implementation of sustainable practices.
- In this report, buyers identify their sustainable procurement budgets; along with essential sustainability measures that influence supplier selection.
- The report provides extensive analysis on effective promotional channels and major drivers of green marketing, along with the key features of marketing green credentials.
- The report provides qualitative analysis of key industry opportunities and threats and also contains full survey results.
Sustainability in the Asia-Pacific Construction Industry 20122013: Market Trends and Opportunities, Forecast of Budgets and Profitability, Construction Industry Procurement and Marketing Initiatives is a new report by Timetric that analyzes how companies in the Asia-Pacific construction industry perceive sustainability. The report contains in-depth analysis on the principal drivers and challenges with regards to sustainability plus the market-specific growth opportunities associated with the implementation of sustainable practices. It also benchmarks successful sustainable initiatives and energy-efficiency measures adopted by various companies. This report also examines the impact of sustainability on profits and cost saving targets set by companies. It also analyzes the procurement strategies and practices being undertaken; category-level spending outlooks; changes in sustainable procurement budgets; supplier selection criteria and investment opportunities available for leading purchase decision makers. The report identifies key drivers and practices of green marketing, and the channels used to effectively market green credentials.
The report features the opinions of Asia-Pacific construction industry respondents related to the following:
- What sustainability means to the industry
- Factors that drive sustainability measures
- Barriers that confront effective implementation of sustainability
- Sustainable and energy efficiency measures and their impact on profitability
- Metrics used for the measurement of sustainability performance
- Procurement of sustainable materials
- Demand for sustainable products and services, including markets that will drive growth
- Changes expected in sustainability budgets and cost saving targets
- Methods of marketing green credentials and the use of media channels
Reasons To Buy
- Drive revenues by understanding future sustainable product investment areas and growth regions.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by identifying buyer sustainability budgets and areas of investment.
- Better promote your business by aligning capabilities and business practices with the changing sustainability needs of customers.
- Uncover the business outlook, key sustainability challenges and opportunities
- Understand the effect of sustainability on other players and competitors in the industry.
- Benchmark sustainable initiatives with key industry leaders and identify major trends that affect the industry.
- Secure stronger customer relationships by understanding the leading business concerns and changing strategies of buyers.
- Identify specific green marketing channels your competitors are using to win business.
- Respondents identified China, Germany and Canada as locations likely to offer the largest-growth potential for sustainable construction, as indicated by 57%, 55% and 52% of respective respondents.
- Of all the construction contractors and project developer respondents, 56% anticipate an increase in profitability with the implementation of sustainability measures.
- A total of 49% of respondents from construction suppliers identify efficiency and cost effectiveness and 44% consider customer satisfaction as the most important drivers for green marketing.