Published by Canadean, the Global Still Drinks Report 2012 provides a detailed analysis of the still drinks soft drinks market, with global, regional and individual country data including forecasts to 2015.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The Global Still Drinks Report 2012 is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in the global still drinks market and forms part of Canadean's best selling series of global soft drinks reports.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Of all the soft drinks categories, still drinks is the most diverse, encompassing a vast array of non-carbonated product with a juice content ranging from 0-24.9%. At global level the category has exhibited a pattern of continuing growth over the last decade. 2011 was no exception with volumes advancing by a further 7%; the highest recorded increase after energy drinks and bulk/HOD water
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Still drinks benefited from some shift away from carbonated drinks in many markets, but is also coming under pressure from perceived healthier non-carbonated products such as iced/rtd tea drinks
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Global Still Drinks Report for 2012 comprises of data tables and supporting text, providing information at a global, regional and country level. The report is compiled from Canadean's extensive global soft drinks databases which are researched individually by country using our specialist researchers 'on the ground'. Comprising of 82 individual country profiles and 8 regional overviews, plus a global summary, the Global Still Drinks Report provides an invaluable guide to the latest trends and forecasts in the Still Drinks category worldwide.Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- Dataincludesstill drinks consumption volumes (million litres and litres per capita)from 2006 to 2011, with forecasts to 2015.
- Percentage markets shares are provided for segmentation data, packaging data and distribution (2010 and 2011 actuals, plus 2012 forecasts).
- Leading companies' market shares for 2010 and 2011 are provided.
- A market valuation is provided for eachcountry and, where applicable, new products in 2011 are identified by country.
- Supporting text includes commentary on current and emerging trends, segmentation, packaging, distribution, pricing/valuation and where applicable, functional products and private label.
- In many countries consumers traditionally do not differentiate between juice, nectars and still drinks
- Price rather than juice content usually governs the purchase decision. In other regions, such as in Europe, still drinks has reaped some benefit in recent years from consumers opting to trade down from nectars for budget reasons in a climate of increasing austerity
- Whilst the range of flavors available is becoming increasingly extensive, orange remains the key flavor of choice; although share has dropped by two percentage points over the decade. Lemon, apple, mango, peach and grape remain the other single flavors of most prominence. Whilst flavor mixes registered a slowdown in growth rate in 2011, the berries segment outperformed the category average; with strong contribution from Latin America. The significance of the herbs and spices segment hinges primarily on propensity in Asia; as does nut/seed variants
- The packaging profile is led by PET with a share of 45%, compared to 25% in 2001. Single-serve packs represent two-thirds of still drinks sales, covering can, foil pouch, carton and bottles. Carton (19%) remains important particularly for the children's lunch box segment
- Still drinks are typically purchased through off-premise and little movement in share has been noted at global level in recent years
Table of Content
Global and Regional Summaries - Still Drinks Data Tables
REGIONS: Africa, Asia, Australasia, East Europe, Latin America (Latam), Middle East North Africa (MENA), North America, West Europe
Consumption (Million Litres) By Global/Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Litres per Capita Consumption By Global/Region/Country, 2006-2015F
8oz Servings per Capita Consumption By Global/Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Consumption (Million Cases) By Global/Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Top Flavors, By Global/ Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Top Packaging Materials, By Global/Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Refillable vs. Non-Refillable, By Global/ Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Pack Mix: Single-Serve (<=60cl) vs. Multi-Serve(>60cl), By Global/Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Distribution: Off-Premise (Retail/At Home) vs. On-Premise (Away from Home), By Global/Region/Country 2010-2012F
Table - Still Drinks Key Facts
Market Size - Consumption Million Litres, Litres Per Capita, 2011
Growth - CAGR% 06-11, CAGR % 08-11, CAGR% 10-11
Market Value (at Consumer Price), Local Currency/US$, 2011
Segmentation - Flavors, % Market Share, 2011
Distribution - Off-Premise/On-Premise, % Market Share, 2011
Packaging - Material, % Market Share, 2011
Chart - Still Drinks Leading Trademark Owners, 2011
Current and Emerging Trends
Private Label/Private Label Producers
Still Drinks New Products 2011
Consumption, Million Litres/Litres Per Capita, 2006-2015F
Segments: Flavor, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Packaging: Material / Non-Refillable vs. Refillable / Multi Serve vs. Single Serve, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Distribution: Off-Premise vs. On-Premise, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Leading Companies, % Market Share, 2009-2010
AFRICA: Nigeria, South Africa.
ASIA: China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.
AUSTRALASIA: Australia, New Zealand.
EAST EUROPE: Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine.
LATAM: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela.
MENA: Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates.
NORTH AMERICA: Canada, United States of America.
WEST EUROPE: Austria, Belgium , Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal , Republic of Ireland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.