PharmaPoint: Rheumatoid Arthritis United Kingdom Drug Forecast and Market Analysis Event-Driven Update
GlobalData has released its new Country report, PharmaPoint: Rheumatoid Arthritis United Kingdom Drug Forecast and Market Analysis Event-Driven Update. The RA market is currently very dynamic, with the November 6, 2012 FDA approval of Pfizers Xeljanz (tofacitinib) and novel oral therapies awaiting approval such as: Eli Lillys anti-BAFF, tabalumab and JAK1,2 inhibitor, baricitinib, and Rigel/AZs SYK inhibitor, fostamatinib. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in the attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, if their safety and efficacy profiles are proven once they enter the market.
UK physicians surveyed for this report typically follow guidelines such as NICE or BSR (British Society for Rheumatology), but also follow their own clinical experience as no two patients are the same. In the UK, about 65% of patient referrals at any stage come from PCPs. As in the US, most people seeking treatment are 55 years and older; however within this age group, males outnumber females by a small margin compared with the younger age groups.
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in the United Kingdom including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in United Kingdom from 2011 to 2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the United Kingdom rheumatoid arthritis market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for rheumatoid arthritis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of rheumatoid arthritis drug performance in the United Kingdom
- Obtain sales forecast from 2011-2022 in the United Kingdom