Remicade (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Forecast and Market Analysis
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, Remicade (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Forecast and Market Analysis. The RA market is currently very dynamic, with the November 6, 2012 FDA approval of Pfizers Xeljanz (tofacitinib) and novel oral therapies awaiting approval such as: Eli Lillys anti-BAFF, tabalumab and JAK1,2 inhibitor, baricitinib, and Rigel/AZs SYK inhibitor, fostamatinib. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in the attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, if their safety and efficacy profiles are proven once they enter the market. Remicade (infliximab) was originally developed by Centocor Ortho Biotech (now Janssen Biotech, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson). Remicade is a chimeric IgG1 mAb anti-TNF inhibitor. Remicade binds to TNF-alpha with high affinity, killing cells that express TNF-alpha through cytotoxicity, thus preventing synovial and intestinal inflammation and decreasing joint erosion. Remicade is available via intravenous infusion (IV) and must be used in conjunction with MTX for moderate to severe active RA patients who have failed MTX or previous DMARD therapies.
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Remicade (infliximab) including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Remicade (infliximab) for the top ten countries from 2011 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain, Japan, China, India and Australia.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for rheumatoid arthritis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Remicade (infliximab) performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Remicade (infliximab) from 2011 to 2022 in (the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain, Japan, China, India and Australia)