Secukinumab (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Forecast and Market Analysis
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, Secukinumab (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Forecast and Market Analysis. The RA market is currently very dynamic, with the November 6, 2012 FDA approval of Pfizers Xeljanz (tofacitinib) and novel oral therapies awaiting approval such as: Eli Lillys anti-BAFF, tabalumab and JAK1,2 inhibitor, baricitinib, and Rigel/AZs SYK inhibitor, fostamatinib. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in the attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, if their safety and efficacy profiles are proven once they enter the market.
Novartis is developing a novel, subcutaneous, fully-human mAb IL-17A inhibitor, known as secukinumab (or AIN457), which is in Phase III clinical trials in various countries including US, EU, and Japan. It promotes inflammatory responses as it neutralizes IL-17A, resulting in the prevention of bone loss. Secukinumab is currently in clinical development for RA as well as for Crohns disease, MS, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and psoriasis.
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Secukinumab including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Secukinumab for the top eight countries from 2011 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain, Japan and Australia.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for rheumatoid arthritis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Secukinumab performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Secukinumab from 2011 to 2022 in (the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain, Japan and Australia)