Baricitinib (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Forecast and Market Analysis
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, Baricitinib (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Forecast and Market Analysis. The RA market is currently very dynamic, with the November 6, 2012 FDA approval of Pfizers Xeljanz (tofacitinib) and novel oral therapies awaiting approval such as: Eli Lillys anti-BAFF, tabalumab and JAK1,2 inhibitor, baricitinib, and Rigel/AZs SYK inhibitor, fostamatinib. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in the attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, if their safety and efficacy profiles are proven once they enter the market.
Eli Lilly and Company and Incyte Corporation are jointly developing baricitinib, an oral JAK1 and 2 inhibitor, under a worldwide license and collaboration agreement in which Lilly has the licensing rights. Baricitinib prevents intracellular signaling of IL-6 and IL-23, thereby reducing inflammation. Formerly known as LY3009104 to Lilly and as INCB28050 to Incyte, baricitinib is currently in Phase IIb clinical trials to study patients with active RA on background MTX. This trial is located in nine countries including the US and India. In addition to RA, baricitinib is in Phase IIb trials for the treatment of moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Baricitinib including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Baricitinib for the top eight countries from 2011 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain, Japan and Australia.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for rheumatoid arthritis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Baricitinib performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Baricitinib from 2011 to 2022 in (the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain, Japan and Australia)