Sarilumab (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Forecast and Market Analysis
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, Sarilumab (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Forecast and Market Analysis. The RA market is currently very dynamic, with the November 6, 2012 FDA approval of Pfizers Xeljanz (tofacitinib) and novel oral therapies awaiting approval such as: Eli Lillys anti-BAFF, tabalumab and JAK1,2 inhibitor, baricitinib, and Rigel/AZs SYK inhibitor, fostamatinib. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in the attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, if their safety and efficacy profiles are proven once they enter the market.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and Sanofi-Aventis are collaborating in the development of sarilumab, a novel, fully-human mAb IL-6R inhibitor, for the treatment of RA which is currently in Phase III. Clinical trial locations are globally and include the US and Australia. This drug will be in competition with Actemra (tocilizumab), which is currently the only approved IL-6 inhibitor for RA. However, Actemra is a recombinant human mAb, whereas sarilumab is a fully-human mAb that was designed using Regenerons proprietary Velocimmune antibody technology.
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Sarilumab including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Sarilumab for the top eight countries from 2011 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy and Spain.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for rheumatoid arthritis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Sarilumab performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Sarilumab from 2011 to 2022 in (the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy and Spain)