EpiCast Report: Colorectal Cancer Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in men and second most common cancer in women. GlobalDatas epidemiologists expect the number of incident and prevalent cases of colorectal cancer in the US, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, India, and China to increase during the forecast period. Incident and prevalent cases in France is expected to stay relatively constant. The number of total incident cases for all markets combined will increase from 1.23 million cases in 2012 to 1.75 million cases in 2022 at the rate of 4.22% per year. China has the largest number of incident cases in 2012 (645,057 cases), in 2022 (1.05 million cases), as well as the highest growth (6.32% per year) of all nine markets. The markets vary in age distribution of incident cases, gender gap, cancer stage at diagnosis, and screening programs. However, resection treatment is universally common where around 70-90% of colorectal cases in each market receive resection treatment.
- Provides an overview of risk factors and global trends for colorectal cancer in the seven major markets (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, and Japan) along with emerging markets India and China.
- Includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of incident and five-year prevalent cases of colorectal cancer.
- Describes patient population through segmentation by gender, age, stage at diagnosis (TNM/AJCC I-IV), and resection treatment status.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends that shape and drive the global colorectal cancer market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global colorectal cancer market to improve product development, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups, gender, stages of diagnosis, and resection-treated populations that present the best opportunities for colorectal cancer therapeutics in the nine major markets.