Orencia (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Forecast and Market Analysis
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, Orencia (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Forecast and Market Analysis. The RA market is currently very dynamic, with the November 6, 2012 FDA approval of Pfizers Xeljanz (tofacitinib) and novel oral therapies awaiting approval such as: Eli Lillys anti-BAFF, tabalumab and JAK1,2 inhibitor, baricitinib, and Rigel/AZs SYK inhibitor, fostamatinib. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in the attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, if their safety and efficacy profiles are proven once they enter the market.
Bristol-Myers Squibbs Orencia (abatacept) is a soluble biologic and structurally a fully human fusion protein of human cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated Antigen 4 (CTLA-4) and the Fc domain of human IgG1. The drug blocks T-cell activation by binding to CD80 and CD86, which in turn blocks their interaction with CD28.
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Orencia including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Orencia for the top nine countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain, Japan and Australia
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Orencia performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Orencia from 2011-2022 in the US, Japan, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, India and Australia.