Actemra (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Forecast and Market Analysis
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, Actemra (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Forecast and Market Analysis. The RA market is currently very dynamic, with the November 6, 2012 FDA approval of Pfizers Xeljanz (tofacitinib) and novel oral therapies awaiting approval such as: Eli Lillys anti-BAFF, tabalumab and JAK1,2 inhibitor, baricitinib, and Rigel/AZs SYK inhibitor, fostamatinib. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in the attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, if their safety and efficacy profiles are proven once they enter the market.
Actemra (tocilizumab) is a first-in-class recombinant humanized mAb of the IgG1 subclass that binds to the IL-6 receptor, thus blocking its ability to increase white blood cell production which increases joint inflammation. Also, by controlling IL-6 levels, iron levels remain in check as increased IL-6 depletes stored iron levels. In May 2012, Genentech announced that the SUMMACTA study met primary endpoints showing comparable efficacy of SC Actemra 162mg weekly compared to 8mg/kg IV of Actemra. ACR 20 was achieved in both groups by Week 24. Also, data released in June 2012, showed Actemra to be significantly more effective than Humira in a head-to-head trial; results are below in the efficacy section. Currently, Actemra is the only IL-6 inhibitor approved for the treatment of moderate to severe active RA.
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Actemra including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Actemra for the top 10 countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, Japan, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, India, China and Australia
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Actemra performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Actemra from 2011-2022 in the US, Japan, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, India, China and Australia