SM Energy Company (SM) is an independent energy company primarily engaged in the exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas in the US. The companys major operations are located in four regions: the South Texas and Gulf Coast, Mid-Continent, Rocky Mountain, and the Permian basin. The companys Exploration and Production (E&P) activities in the South Texas and Gulf Coast region are mainly located in the Eagle Ford shale, which made the biggest contribution towards its total production in 2011 and is expected to remain the major driver of its production growth in the future.
SMs major operating activities in the Gulf Coast region are spread across the Bakken/Three Fork section and several other exploratory prospects. The companys operations in the Mid-Continent region are located in the Granite-Wash formation and the Woodford shale. Its E&P activities in the Rocky Mountains region are spread across the Haynesville shale while its activities in the Permian basin mainly target the Wolfberry light oil play. SM has established a strong presence in shale plays in the US, which represent a major part of its upstream portfolio.
SM held total proved reserves of 209.9 million barrels of oil equivalent (mmboe) as of December 2011, comprising 47.3% from crude oil and 52.7% from natural gas. The companys reserves increased at a Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 27.7% during the 20092011 period. Production in 2011 stood at 28.3 mmboe, comprising 41% crude oil and 59% natural gas.
- Key Highlights: This section provides detailed analysis on the companys overall oil and gas value chain, new projects, growth opportunities, new ventures, assets performance, hedging strategies, Capex funding, geographical results of oil and gas operations.
- Goals and Strategies: This section provides the upcoming goals and strategies of the company. The section mainly goals and strategies followed by the company in order to meet its upcoming goals.
- SWOT: The reports SWOT section provides the internal strength, weakness, opportunities and threats of company to reflect its strategic positions in the market.
- Production and Development Overview: This section highlights the companys crude oil and natural gas production forecast from its legacy and upcoming assets by region and commodity mix for next five years. The report also covers the detailed information and analysis on the companys producing and development assets.
- Exploration: This section includes detailed explanation and analysis on the companys exploration assets resulted due to new discoveries, new drilling and other activities.
- M&A trends: This section mainly provides information and analysis on the companys recent assets transactions, joint ventures, acquisition, and divestment activities during the last one year. This section highlights the companys status as a buyer or seller during the analyzed period.
- Financial Forecast and Valuation: This section highlights the detailed financial statement forecast for next five years. With the financial statement forecast, this section also provides intrinsic value of the company by using Valuation method.
- Financial and Operational Metrics: This section covers the companys historical performance on several financial and operational parameters such as Production and Reserves, Reserves Replacement, Costs Incurred, Acreage, Wells, F&D Costs, Oil and Gas Revenue and Expenses etc.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance the decision-making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to -
- Provide detailed analysis to those who are interested in knowing the companies existing and future business strategies.
- Provide in-depth analysis on the companies E&P profiles along with the exploration and M&A updates.
- Provide valuable insights to those who are tracking oil and gas markets and wants to know the intrinsic value of the companies.
- Use the analysis for strategy and planning, M&A identifications, and competitor analysis.