PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - France Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
GlobalData has released its new Country report, “PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - France Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022”. The recent approvals of second-line metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) therapies like J&J’s Zytiga (abiraterone acetate) and Medivation/Astellas’ Xtandi (enzalutamide) will drive strong market growth over the next decade.
These safe and orally administered treatments will provide safety and convenience benefits over the current standard of care, chemotherapy with docetaxel, while prolonging the overall survival of patients with mCRPC. The December 12, 2012 FDA approval of Zytiga for the added indication of chemotherapy-naïve mCRPC marks the onset of a new treatment paradigm for the disease, in which chemotherapy is relegated to second-line therapy and beyond. For patients with earlier-stage prostate cancer, androgen deprivation therapy with LHRH agonists and first-generation antiandrogens remains the standard of care for suppressing testosterone levels and temporarily controlling the disease.
In France, the PSA test and DREs are the most popular diagnostic tests for prostate cancer (EAU, 2012). Routine PSA screening is widely used, although less commonly than in the US. GlobalData’s primary research shows that overall, French prescribing physicians do not plan to change their use of PSA screening in response to the recent USPSTF recommendation against routine screening, nor do they expect referring physicians to change their screening patterns.
As in most major markets, a diagnosis of prostate cancer in France is confirmed following high PSA levels or other symptoms by multiple core needle biopsies or TRUS, and metastases are diagnosed using bone scans or CT scans (EAU, 2012).
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in France including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in France from 2012 to 2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the France Prostate cancer market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Prostate cancer
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Prostate cancer drug performance in France
- Obtain sales forecast from 2012-2022 in France