PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - Canada Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
GlobalData has released its new Country report, “PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - Canada Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022”. The recent approvals of second-line metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) therapies like J&J’s Zytiga (abiraterone acetate) and Medivation/Astellas’ Xtandi (enzalutamide) will drive strong market growth over the next decade.
These safe and orally administered treatments will provide safety and convenience benefits over the current standard of care, chemotherapy with docetaxel, while prolonging the overall survival of patients with mCRPC. The December 12, 2012 FDA approval of Zytiga for the added indication of chemotherapy-naïve mCRPC marks the onset of a new treatment paradigm for the disease, in which chemotherapy is relegated to second-line therapy and beyond.
For patients with earlier-stage prostate cancer, androgen deprivation therapy with LHRH agonists and first-generation antiandrogens remains the standard of care for suppressing testosterone levels and temporarily controlling the disease.
In Canada, prostate cancer is diagnosed following an abnormal DRE, elevated PSA levels detected during routine screening, or a patients’ presentation with symptoms that leads to either of these tests. A suspected diagnosis of prostate cancer is confirmed by TRUS-guided multiple core needle biopsies, and bone metastases are detected using a CT scan or bone scan.
The uptake of routine PSA screening has been high in Canada, but some Canadian physicians surveyed by GlobalData reported that they plan to decrease their use of routine screening in response to the recent USPSTF recommendation against it (Baade et al., 2009).
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Canada including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Canada from 2012 to 2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the Canada Prostate cancer market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Prostate cancer
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Prostate cancer drug performance in Canada
- Obtain sales forecast from 2012-2022 in Canada