Custirsen Sodium (Prostate Cancer) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, Custirsen Sodium (Prostate Cancer) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022. The recent approvals of second-line metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) therapies like J&J’s Zytiga (abiraterone acetate) and Medivation/Astellas’ Xtandi (enzalutamide) will drive strong market growth over the next decade.
These safe and orally administered treatments will provide safety and convenience benefits over the current standard of care, chemotherapy with docetaxel, while prolonging the overall survival of patients with mCRPC. The December 12, 2012 FDA approval of Zytiga for the added indication of chemotherapy-naïve mCRPC marks the onset of a new treatment paradigm for the disease, in which chemotherapy is relegated to second-line therapy and beyond.
For patients with earlier-stage prostate cancer, androgen deprivation therapy with LHRH agonists and first-generation antiandrogens remains the standard of care for suppressing testosterone levels and temporarily controlling the disease.
Custirsen (OGX-011) is an FIC drug in development for the first-line treatment of mCRPC in combination with docetaxel and prednisone. It is an mRNA antisense inhibitor of clusterin production that is administered intravenously on a weekly basis. Clusterin is a chaperone protein expressed at high levels in prostate cancer cells, and levels of the drug increase further after castration therapy and in castration-resistant tissues.
Custirsen was discovered and initially developed by OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals and Isis Pharmaceuticals, and was licensed to Teva in 2009. The drug has been fast-tracked by the FDA, and the companies are currently sponsoring the Phase III Synergy trial under an FDA Special Protocol Assessment (SPA) Scope
Reasons to buy
- Overview of Prostate cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Custirsen including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Custirsen for the top nine countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, Japan, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy , Canada, and Australia
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Prostate cancer
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Custirsen performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Custirsen from 2012-2022 in nine markets (US, Japan, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy , Canada, and Australia)