Lactitol is one of the artificial sugar alcohols which is used as an alternative sweetener in low-calorie foods. It is not available naturally and is derived from whey. It is 60% relatively less sweet than table sugar and comprises of two calories per gram. Lactitol is also utilized medically as a laxative. The glycemic index of lactitol is low and hence it is beneficial for diabetic patients. The two major manufacturers of lactitol are Pura Biochem and Danisco which is one of the subsidiaries of DuPont.
Lactitol has wide applications in the food industry as a valuable ingredient, especially in biscuits, chocolate, candy, ice-cream, and chewing gums. It does not absorb moisture as it is non-hygroscopic in nature, and so it is used in keeping cookies crisp and fresh. Lactitol slows down the metabolism rate of the oral bacteria thereby preventing dental caries or cavities. It is used in cooking or processing foods owing to its heat and pH stability. It also possesses some prebiotic properties beneficial for the growth of useful bacteria in the colon. Thus, lactitol has various applications in different industries owing to which it is experiencing fuelled market growth.
The increasing number of health conscious people and the increasing prevalence of diabetic patients are the primary driving factors of the market. The acceptance for lactitol from different regulatory bodies across the globe has also opened new horizons for the market. It has an exceptionally sweet taste owing to which it is not accepted by many patients. Usually patients suffer from nausea after the oral intake of lactitol and hence they avoid its consumption. This is acting as one of the inhibiting factors for the market.
Some of the major manufacturers in this market include Danisco, Purac Biochem , Qufu Xindi Chemical Research Limited Company, Lonsino Medical Products Co., Ltd., Hangzhou Uniwise International Co., Ltd., and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments