- This report is the result of WealthInsights extensive research covering the ultra high net worth individual (UHNWI) population and wealth management market in Canada.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2007 (the peak before the global financial crisis) and the end of 2012. This enables us to determine how well the country's UHNWIs have performed through the crisis.
This report reviews the performance and asset allocations of Ultra HNWIs in Canada and highlights top-performing cities. It also includes an evaluation of the local wealth management industry.
- UHNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2007 to 2012
- UHNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2017
- UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2007-2012)
- Number of wealth managers in each city
- City wise ratings of wealth management saturation and potential
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in Canada
- Size of the Canadian wealth management industry
- Largest domestic private banks by AuM
- Detailed wealth management and family office information
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
- With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2017.
- Also provides detailed information on UHNWIs in each major city.
- There are 4,248 UHNWIs in Canada, with an average wealth of US$112 million per person. Of this total, there are 24 billionaires, 705 centimillionaires and 3,519 affluent millionaires as of year-end 2012.
- UHNWIs account for 1.0% of the total HNWI population of Canada, which is above the global average of 0.7%. During the review period, the number of UHNWIs in Canada increased by 1.3% from 4,192 individuals in 2007 to 4,248 in 2012.
- There was a wide range of performance between the different UHNWI wealth bands: The number of billionaires decreased by 4.0%, while the number of centimillionaires and affluent millionaires rose by 0.7% and 1.5% respectively.
- WealthInsight expects the number of UHNWIs to increase by 29%, to reach 5,478 individuals in 2017. This will include 28 billionaires, 913 centimillionaires and 4,537 affluent millionaires.
- The global private banking industry was estimated to have AuM of just over US$19.3 trillion at the end of 2012. The Canadian wealth management sector accounted for approximately US$600 billion of this, equating to 3.1% of the global total.