- This report is the result of WealthInsights extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Canada.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2007 (the peak before the global financial crisis) and the end of 2012. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
This report provides the latest asset allocations of Canadian HNWIs across 13 asset classes. The report also includes projections of the volume, wealth and asset allocation of Canadian HNWIs to 2017 and a comprehensive and robust background of the local economy.
- Independent market sizing of Canadian HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2007 to 2012
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2017
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
- With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2017.
- There are just over 422,000 HNWIs in Canada in 2012. These HNWIs hold US$1,529 billion in wealth which equates to 26% of total individual wealth held in the country.
- Fixed income products recorded the strongest growth over the review period, driven by a movement into safer assets during the financial crisis.
- As of 2012, HNWI liquid assets amounted to US$263 billion, representing 17.2% of the wealth holdings of Canadian HNWIs.
- WealthInsights research showed that in 2012, 23% of Canadian HNWIs had second homes abroad.
- At the end of 2012, Canadian HNWIs held 26% (US$372 billion) of their wealth outside their home country, which is in line with the worldwide norm of between 20% and 30%.