This report is the result of WealthInsights extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Canada.
This report is a thorough analysis of the Canadian Wealth Management and Private Banking sector and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- Independent market sizing of Canadian HNWIs across five wealth bands
- Number of wealth managers in each city
- City wise ratings of wealth management saturation and potential
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in Canada
- Size of the Canadian wealth management industry
- Largest domestic private banks by AuM
- Detailed wealth management and family office information
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
- With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- There are just over 422,000 HNWIs in Canada in 2012. These HNWIs hold US$1,529 billion in wealth which equates to 26% of total individual wealth held in the country.
- Canadian HNWIs outperformed the worldwide HNWI average during the review period - worldwide HNWI volumes decreased by 0.3% whilst Canadian HNWI numbers rose by 1.8%.
- In 2012, Canadian HNWI numbers rose by 7.7%, following a drop of 3.6% in 2011.
- Growth in HNWI wealth and volumes are expected to improve over the forecast period. The total number of Canadian HNWIs is forecast to grow by 29%, to reach over 544,000 in 2017. HNWI wealth will see a smaller percentage increase, growing by 28% to reach US$1,949 billion by 2017.
- The global private banking industry was estimated to have AuM of just over US$19.3 trillion at the end of 2012. The Canadian wealth management sector accounted for approximately US$600 billion of this, equating to 3.1% of the global total.
- The US$600 billion equates to 42% of Canadian HNWI wealth (US$1.5 trillion), well above the global average of 25%. This shows that the local HNWI base is relatively well served.
- It should be noted that the bulk of Canadian AuM are held by RBC which had global AuM of US$343 billion at the end of 2012 and local AuM of US$195 billion.