“Global Power Survey 2013-2014: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Power Industry” is a new report by ICD Research that analyzes how power industry companies' media spend, marketing and sales strategies and practices, and business planning are set to change in 2013-2014. Additionally, this report presents comparative analysis between four years of survey results (wherever applicable). This report provides the current size of the marketing and advertising budgets of global power industry suppliers and how spending by global power industry suppliers will change, providing an insight into global marketing behavior. In addition, the report identifies future growth of global power industry buyers and suppliers and MandA activity. This report not only grants access to the opinions and strategies of business decision makers and competitors, but also examines their actions surrounding business priorities. The report also provides access to information categorized by region, company type, and size.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from ICD Research's exclusive panel of leading global power industry executives. The report provides data and analysis on global power industry suppliers' media spend, marketing and sales strategies, and practices and business planning within the global power industry. This report includes key topics such as media channel spending outlooks, media budgets, marketing agency selection criteria, business challenges, and sales tactics of leading suppliers within the global power industry. The report also identifies global power industry buyers' and suppliers' future growth, MandA, and investment expectations.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Executives from the global power industry anticipate an increase in levels of consolidation, with 55% of respondents projecting an increase in merger and acquisition (MandA) activities in 2013.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The challenges faced by the power companies such as competition, the requirement of expansion of capacity and services offerings, and weak market conditions, have prompted companies to consolidate positions and look for MandA to stabilize operations.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from ICD Research's exclusive panel of leading power industry companies. It provides the reader with a definitive analysis of the industry outlook and explores how opportunities and demand are set to change in 2013-2014; additionally, this report presents comparative analysis between four years of survey results (wherever applicable). Furthermore, the report reveals the current size of power industry suppliers' marketing and advertising budgets and how expenditure by industry suppliers will change, providing insight into global marketing behavior. This report identifies the key marketing aims of organizations and the sales strategies companies will adopt in order to adapt to market conditions in 2013. Additionally, it aims to identify key amendments to marketing agencies that aid business generation, respondents' criteria for marketing agency selection, and attitudes towards marketing and sales.
Key Features and Benefits
- Project industry trends and revenue growth expectations in 2013, and understand business confidence to make informed business decisions.
- Drive revenues by understanding future product investment areas and key growth regions.
- Uncover the key challenges and opportunities, and identify the key actions required to maintain and win buyer business.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by identifying how buyer budgets are changing and the direction of spending in the future. Better promote your business by aligning your capabilities and business practices with your customer's changing needs.
- Secure stronger customer relationships by understanding the behavior and changing strategies of industry buyers.
Key Market Issues
- India, Brazil, the Middle East, and China are the most important emerging markets to offer growth in 2013.
- 'Market uncertainty', 'rising competition', 'regulatory changes', and 'responding to pricing pressure' remain the leading business concerns for the global power industry in 2013.
- The average size of the global annual marketing budget for supplier companies in the power industry in 2012 was US$3.4 million, but this rose to US$3.7 million in 2013.
- 'Online content sites' was highlighted as a key investment area by 35% of supplier respondents, while 32% of respondents projected a strong investment growth in 'social media and networking sites' and 'conferences and events'.
- Overall, 'competitor and market intelligence research', 'customer intelligence and analytics', and 'client acquisition solutions' were identified as the marketing and sales solutions that most respondents expected to be invested in during 2013.
- An analysis of revenue growth expectations by senior level respondents reveals that 50% are 'more optimistic' about their company's revenue growth in 2013.
- A significant percentage of fossil fuel power generator respondents highlighted that capital expenditure towards 'sustainable or green initiatives', 'employee training', and 'facility expansion' would increase in 2013.
- The top three priorities for global power industry buyer respondents in 2013 are 'improving operational efficiency', 'expand in current market', and 'focus on sustainability'.
- A total of 31% of respondents from fossil fuel generator companies, 68% of respondents from alternative power generator companies, and 51% of respondents from power industry supplier companies anticipate an increase of their current workforce in 2013.
- Survey results show that respondents from the global power industry identified Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, the US, and Australia to offer the highest growth potential among developed countries in 2013-2014.