Published by Canadean, Global Beverage Forecasts provides consumption trends from 1999 to 2011 actual, 2012 provisional and 2013 to 2018 forecasts for key beverage categories.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This bi-annual report from Canadean is designed to show past consumption trends for all commercial beverage categories and forecast trends five years into the future. Product analysis is broken down into 30 categories: packaged water, bulk/HOD water, carbonates, juice, nectars, still drinks, squash/syrups, fruit powders, iced/rtd tea drinks, iced/rtd coffee drinks, sports drink, energy drinks, hot tea, hot coffee, beer, sorghum beer, cider, spirits, wine, fortified wine, sake, rice wine, FABs, dairy drinks (white milk, fermented milk, drinking yogurt, flavoured milk, soymilk, evaporated and condensed milk).
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The current economic environment remains gloomy in western markets and Eurozone countries are having a particularly turbulent ride. Fortunes will be mixed for the beverage industry in the coming years, but emerging markets continue to hold great potential.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The key driving force behind commercial beverages remains Asia, with China and India leading the way. The growing consumer base and rising disposable incomes levels is fuelling growth in these markets. Health awareness, particularly regarding sugar content in beverages and price- sensitivity are important global trends.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The report facilitates valuable data comparisons, enabling the user to monitor the development of commercial beverages over time by category and determine share of throat. It is an essential aid for anyone interested in the beverage industry.
Key Features and Benefits
- Data for 30 individual beverage categories, covering historical trends (1999-2011 actual, 2012 provisonal and 2013-2018 forecast provided in excel).
- Data measures in million litres and litres per capita
- Supporting analysis for the individual beverage categories
- Canadean's Global Beverage Forecasts includes data tables for 90 markets in eight regions : Africa, Asia, Australasia, Latin America, East Europe, Middle East and North Africa, North America and West Europe.
- Regional summaries and a global overview are also included plus supporting text for 53 markets.