Published by Canadean, the Asia Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 provides a detailed analysis of the bulk/HOD water market in Asia, with data at a regional and individual country level, including forecasts to 2015
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The Asia Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in the bulk/HOD water market and forms part of Canadean's best selling series of global soft drinks reports.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
In several markets the expansion of bulk/HOD water is limited by infrastructure and the two way logistics of this category.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Increasing purchasing power of consumers is driving growth in many Asian markets.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The report comprises of data tables and supporting text, providing information at a regional and country level. The report is compiled from Canadean's extensive global soft drinks databases which are researched individually by country using our specialist researchers 'on the ground'. Comprising of 14 individual country profiles, plus a regional summary, the report provides an invaluable guide to the latest trends and forecasts in the bulk/HOD water category.
Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- Dataincludesconsumption volumes (million litres and litres per capita)from 2006 to 2011, plus forecasts to 2015 by country.
- Percentage market shares are provided for segmentation data, packaging dataand distribution (2010 and 2011 actuals, plus 2012 forecasts).
- Leading companies' market shares for 2010 and 2011 are provided.
- A market valuation is provided for eachcountry and, where applicable, new products in 2011 are identified by country.
- Supporting text includes commentary on current and emerging trends, segmentation, packaging, distribution, pricing/valuation and where applicable, functional products and private label
- In south China, leading local manufacturers achieved high double-digit growth
- In Hong Kong consumption has been growing steadily in the past few years because of the warmer weather.
- The Philippines sees lower growth rates in the future owing to improvements and the expansion of the water utility company supply lines have earned the 'quality-trust' of consumers.
- In India urban areas are already covered by bulk/HOD suppliers and the high costs of the two way logistics involved with refillable packaging is an obstacle to growth in rural areas.
- In Thailand the category is expected to experience positive growth over the forecast period due to more aggressive competition from the leading players, particularly in residences and office buildings in Bangkok and large up-country provinces.
- In China bulk/HOD water recorded healthy growth of 16% in 2011 driven by growing demand as consumers concerned about the quality of tap water choose bulk water as an alternative.
- In Hong Kong since this category is quite mature, companies do not have extensive advertising, but continue to focus on online marketing. The three leading brands use portals and offer different packages based on the business size.
- In Japan bulk/HOD water enjoyed two-digit volume growth in 2011. In addition to the growing demands for high quality water, safety concerns in tap water after the earthquake fuelled demands for bulk/HOD water for home use.
- In Malaysia despite the existing business for delivered water remaining steady in the commercial sector, new business was slow due to the softer economic environment in the second half of the year.
- In Vietnam bulk/HOD water has showed significant growth in the last decade and continued to grow in 2011 thanks to the increase of the home and office delivery segment.