Published by Canadean, the East Europe Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 provides a detailed analysis of the bulk/HOD water market in East Europe, with data at a regional and individual country level, including forecasts to 2015
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The East Europe Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in the bulk/HOD water market and forms part of Canadean's best selling series of global soft drinks reports.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Only Europe has any visible carbonated volume, being present in Czech and Slovak Republics.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Table water has a commanding position in many regions, its lead in East Europe is fairly marginal
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The report comprises of data tables and supporting text, providing information at a regional and country level. The report is compiled from Canadean's extensive global soft drinks databases which are researched individually by country using our specialist researchers 'on the ground'. Comprising of 18individual country profiles, plus a regional summary, the report provides an invaluable guide to the latest trends and forecasts in the bulk/HOD water category.
Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- Dataincludesconsumption volumes (million litres and litres per capita)from 2006 to 2011, plus forecasts to 2015 by country.
- Percentage market shares are provided for segmentation data, packaging dataand distribution (2010 and 2011 actuals, plus 2012 forecasts).
- Leading companies' market shares for 2010 and 2011 are provided.
- A market valuation is provided for eachcountry and, where applicable, new products in 2011 are identified by country.
- Supporting text includes commentary on current and emerging trends, segmentation, packaging, distribution, pricing/valuation and where applicable, functional products and private label
- Financial crisis continues to impact upon consumers and businesses
- In Czech Republic cold weather during spring months affected the consumption
- Institutions remain the main place where bulk/HOD products are sold
- In Macedonia new contract with service orientated office increased the volume
- The bulk/HOD water market in Poland is quite big in comparison with other European markets, poor quality of tap water is one of the reasons for the development of the category
- The Bulk/HOD water market in East Europe is a relatively young category and so there is good potential for growth, particularly in the home delivery channel.
- Focus is beginning to shift to private domestic clients to drive category growth
- The unfavorable business environment forced thousands of small companies to shut down.
- The market for water coolers has matured quickly and the concept is now starting to be replaced by point of use, which is much more practical in the modern business environment.
- Spring water represents the majority of consumption